Special day coming up soon?
A wedding could be the best time in your life, however it is also one of the most stressful, busy and demanding time. Which could lead to unexpected skin problems appearing.
Find out what you could do for these common bridal skin emergencies. And also what you should do to prevent these from happening at all.
Scroll down to discover all that and more!
A montrous pimple a day before my wedding? Help!
Solution: Do not panic and do not pick on it, as it’ll just irritate your skin further and make it worse.
What to do instead?
- Apply ice for 10 minutes to reduce inflammation and swelling. Repeat every few hours.
- Apply cortisone cream to further reduce inflammation.
Steps to prevent: If you’re particularly prone to acne/ pimples, you should consider to start using these Medik8 products a couple of months before:
- poreCleanse Gel – Provides your skin with deep pore cleansing and gentle daily exfoliation with AHA and BHA. Also helps to regulate your skin’s sebum production.
- clayMask – Absorbs excess sebum and draws out impurities in your skin. Also refines your skin texture.
- Retinol 3TR – Speeds up renewal of your skin. Also sweeps away dead cells that cause clogged, enlarged pores, whiteheads and blackheads which leads to acnes.
What can I do with these puffy eyes?
- Cold compress: Cold can help your skin reduce swelling and puffiness. You could either choose to apply a bag of frozen peas over the eyes and keep on for ten minutes. Alternatively, you can also keep a spoon in the refrigerator, and apply that to the under eye area (with the rounded part in contact with your lids)
- Massage eye area: With your ring finger, gently massage the skin around your eye area. This will promote the circulation around your eye area, thus reducing swelling.
- Apply eye cream: Apply Medik8 Dark Circles which helps dramatically reduce appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
Steps to prevent: At least 2 weeks before the big day, try to get eight hours of sleep every night. And also drink plenty of water, keep your body hydrated!
What do to if my skin is dry and flaky?
- Exfoliate: It’s hard to have your makeup look flawless if it’s applied on dry, flaky skin. The night before your wedding, lightly polish your skin with a very gentle facial scrub to remove dead and dry skin without damaging it. It’s important to use a scrub with round beads (like Medik8 Pore Refining Scrub)
- Moisturise: Depending on your skin condition, do apply the appropriate moisturiser (especially if you’re going to be in an air conditioned space for an extended period of time). For normal to dry skin, do consider Medik8 Hydr8 Night (rejuvenating moisturiser with resveratrol and beta glucan). For oily or problematic skin, do consider a water based hydrator like Hydr8 B5 (hydrating serum with hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5)
My skin is getting all red and flush from the nerves..
- Keep your surroundings cool: It’s totally common for the excitement and nervousness of your wedding day to lead to increased blood flow in the skin. Being in a cool and comfortable environment can help keep your temperature down, preventing any unnecessary redness.
- Relax with gel mask: You can also apply a gel mask, which will have a cooling, anti-inflammatory effect. For even better cooling effect, you can keep them in the refrigerator beforehand.
Steps to prevent: If you’re prone to redness, 2 weeks prior to the big day, start priming your skin with Red Alert. It helps improve the lipid barrier of your skin which visibly reduces the signs of flushing, blotchiness, flare-ups and inflammation.
Whatever skin emergencies, don’t fret it too much. Remember to relax, take a couple of deep breaths and enjoy your wedding!